Beauty and brains rarely go together, old citizens. But we find exceptions and the current generation is proving it wrong on numerous occasions. Manushi Chillar girl born in Rohtak, in Haryana who went on to become Miss India and next Miss World in the year 2017 is an all-rounder with social responsibilities too. Here are important facts we should know about this Beauty and Brainy girl from India.
1. Complete Doctors’ Family
Manushi is a Doctor her Parents are also doctors. Her father Dr. Mitra Basu Chhillar is a scientist at Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), and her mother, Dr. Neelam Chhillar, is an associate professor at the Institute of Human Behaviour and Allied Sciences
2. All Rounder in Curricular & Extra-curricular
Manushi has multifaceted skills; she topped CBSE English Exams in class XII, She is a traditional Kuchipudi dancer, with skills of singing, poetry writing, and painting. She has also learned drama from National School of Drama. Similar to many of her predecessors she is also ready to enter Bollywood.
3. Multiple Awards @ Miss. India Contest Mumbai, India
Manushi bagged Miss. Photogenic award and Miss. India award at Miss. India 2017 contest
4. A plethora of Awards @ Miss. World Contest, Sanya, China
Top Model Semifinalist, People Choice, and Multimedia competition Semifinalist
Winner of Head-Head to challenge
Co-winner of the Beauty of a purpose competition
The ice-the cake she was adjudged, Miss. World 2017 only 6 other Indians have been crowned with Miss. World in the history
5. Accepting Social Responsibility through menstrual awareness campaigns
Beauty with purpose issue Manushi took was to create awareness among millions of women regarding menstrual hygiene in India and other countries. Her quote, “The poor menstrual management in our country and across the world has always bothered me as a person… That’s one cause that I will take forward with Me.” depicts her sincerity in fighting for this cause.
6. Her Social responsibility project is called ‘Shakti’ and she has been made Brand ambassador for Anemia Free Haryana.
7. She was one of the speakers 2017 Global Entrepreneurship Summit held in Hyderabad
8. She was honored with the Special Achievement Award at the 2017 CNN-IBN Indian of the Year
9. She is topmost trending personality in Google Search for the year 2017
10. She has roped in Govt. of Haryana to contribute 18 Crore rupees for purchasing sanitary napkins for Govt. school Girls as part of her Project ‘Shakti’ campaign which is really a bigger achievement than she winning the Miss World Crown.