“Beti Bachao Beti Padao”—“Save and Educate the Girl Child” is the slogan of Indian Prime Minister Shri. Narendra Modi. It has got quite a lot attention throughout India and many initiatives have been taken in this regard. The maternity hospitals display “Gender determination is Abandoned” message at every nook and corner. But Girl foeticide is rampant even today and here is a case of a newborn being abandoned by her parents ruthlessly for one and the only reason that baby is female. She has been rescued by passersby and handed over to the safe custody of medicos in Una District of Gujarat.
Here is the complete story unfolded in front of you:
- A newborn baby was found survived in between thorn bushes in Una district of Gujarat. Obviously, she was abandoned by cruel parents for being born a girl and not a boy.
- Luckily passersby have heard the cry of the baby and have rescued her by calling 108 Emergency ambulance services.
- The tender skin of the baby had got riddled with thorn pricks everywhere and was bleeding from various parts of the body.
- The staff of emergency services Mr. Ranjit Singh and Mr. Kalpesh Patel took the necessary steps to rescue the baby and took her to the hospital for immediate medical treatment.
- The Doctors at the hospital have removed every thorn that had pierced the body of the baby and have given her chance to live in this otherwise cruel world where parents themselves are exhibiting demon traits.
- According to authorities of the hospital girl’s condition was stable and the hunt for the ruthless parents of this newborn was also initiated.
According to estimates, 10 million female fetuses have been illegally aborted in India since the year 1990. According to one survey 100,000 abortions are done every year citing the reason fetus is female. Friends, are we really civilized society? We don’t have answer right?