There’s a quote which beautifully sums up everything about learning – “The capacity to learn is a gift; the ability to learn is a skill; the willingness to learn is a choice”. This quote was given by Brian Herbert which aptly explains why many of us fail to learn the new aspects of life because we choose not to learn it. There’s also a saying which says if the man so desires, there’s nothing that can stop him from achieving his goals. These two sayings perfectly suit the lifestyle of one of the greatest personalities on whom this article is centered around – Dr. Sreekanth Jichkar.
Dr. Sreekanth Jichkar stands as a contradictory mirror to all those who say earning an educational degree is difficult. Even in this advanced age when people have access to technology, it is becoming difficult day by day to earn a degree for themselves let alone earning two or three degrees. But Dr. Jichkar had earned over 20 degrees in the age when mobile, internet or even computers had no role to play in helping a student to learn aspects related to his education.
Dr. Jichkar who is regarded as ‘The Most Qualified Person of India’ also became Member of Legislative Assembly at a tender age of 25 and successfully represented his constituency. Here are a bundle of amazing fact about Dr. Jichkar, which will motivate you to jump out from your cozy chair and achieve something worthwhile in your life:
- The Marathi Man, Dr. Sreekanth Jichkar, was born on 14th September 1954, seven years after Independence, into a wealthy Maratha family, in Aajangaon near Katol in Nagpur district, Maharashtra. Though he had all the riches in the world Dr. Jichkar still pursued his passion and collected over 20 degrees in his name by sheer dedication.
- Sreekanth Jichkar name is proudly etched in Limca Book of Records for being ‘The Most Qualified Person in India’.
- Sreekanth Jichkar gave 42 university level examinations between 1972 and 1990. It is rather interesting for you to note that even though he wrote a hell lot of exam in such a short time, he always scored a rank in all the exams.
- He began his ‘Journey of Amassing Knowledge’ by earning MBBS and MD degree and later on did his law (LL.B.) with Post-graduation in International Law (LL.M.) Then he did his Masters in Business Administration (DBM and MBA) and in Journalism (B.Journ). He got his D. Litt (Doctor of Literature) in Sanskrit.If this wasn’t enough he did masters in 10 subjects – M.A. (Public Administration ; M.A. (Sociology) ; M.A. (Economics); M.A. (Sanskrit); M.A. (History); M.A.(English Literature); M.A. (Philosophy); M.A. (Political Science) ; M.A. (Ancient Indian History, Culture and Archaeology); M.A (Psychology)
- In 1980, Dr. Sreekanth became the MLA and represented his constituency in the assembly. Dr. Jichkar was only 25 years old when he was elected as the MLA of Maharashtra Legislative Assembly and thus became the youngest MLA ever.
- By now you are well aware that Dr. Jichkar had an extreme love for books. To add to the wow factor, it would be interesting for you to note that, Dr. Jichkar had a personal library where he had a whopping collection of 52,000 books in his personal library.
- These facts do not limit the greatness possessed by Dr. Jichkar. Apart from being an amazing academician, he was also a great stage actor, a well-known painter, and a professional photographer.
- Sreekanth Jichkar was also a successful minister in the Maharashtra Cabinet and at one point used to manage 14 portfolios under him. He was also a Member of Parliament of the Upper house of India.
- Jichkar used to travel all over the country and share his knowledge, give religious discourses and also speak on topics related to health and economics.
- The greatest of the greats when it came to academics had a sad ending to his life when his life was cut short by accident. Yes, the legend breathed his last in 2004 when he was involved in a car accident which claimed his life. He was just 50 years old then.
These are a few amazing facts which we have gathered and listed in the article. We do hope you will get inspired by these facts and will look at life differently from today and will strive hard to achieve success in your personal and professional life. We will live you with a small thought-provoking statement which goes – Achieving success is not difficult, you just need to alter your thoughts and you will be successful. We do hope this statement will get you thinking and will help you look at life from a new perspective.